Next steps for energy policy in Northern Ireland – strategy and legislation, market development and regulation, and modernisation and a green economic recovery
The conference will be an opportunity to discuss priorities for the Northern Ireland Energy Strategy 2050 due for publication later this year – as well as plans for an NI Climate Change Bill.
Areas for discussion include:
- the forthcoming Energy Strategy and plans for a Climate Change Bill, looking at:
- designing decarbonisation targets for 2050
- achieving a low-carbon transition for electricity, heat and transport
- setting realistic goals for the long-term decarbonisation of the Northern Ireland energy mix
- the energy market – regulation, competition, reliability and affordability, including widening retailer participation and addressing core challenges around tackling fuel poverty
- innovation, commercialisation and the clean economic recovery – including opportunities for collaboration between industry and policymakers
- modernising grid infrastructure and the wider electricity system – improving flexibility and balancing capabilities, integrating low-carbon and smart energy, and reinforcing grid security
Gemserv’s Director of Ireland, Sarah Fuller will be participating at this event as part of the panel discussion around: Improving whole-system resilience in NI – network capacity for distributed resources, non-generation technologies, and interconnection with ROI.
How to Register
If you would like to find out more or register for this event, please visit the Policy Forum for Northern Ireland (PFfNI) website: